Rovers, like other participants, can register either online or via paper registration form. However, unlike other participants, they can register themselves rather than relying on a parent. This article will instruct new and returning Rover participants on how to register.
Before beginning your Rover registration, please ensure to have the contact details for 5 references on hand and ready to be submitted.
- To Register online, you will first need to login to your Myscouts account. If you are a returning member or are moving up from the Venturer section, you will need to connect with your Council Office or the Scouts Canada Help Centre to be granted membership web access.
- If you are a new member, follow the ‘Create account’ options below.
- Your local group can be found by going to http://www.scouts.ca and going to ‘Find a Group’.
- On the ‘Find a Group’ page you can enter your postal code and applicable age group.
- You will be given a map of where your nearest groups are and basic information on where and when they run. Using the ‘contact’ button you will be able to contact the group via email.
- If you see a group you would like to register with, and it has the option to ‘create an account’, or ‘register as a participant’ (if you are already signed into a myscouts account), then you can register with the group online! It will indicate in the same area if the group is full and is not taking any more participants this year.
- Going to ‘create an account’ will take you to a page where you can fill in all of your personal information if you are a new member. If you are a returning member, you will need to sign in to your Myscouts account.
- Once this is done, and you go back to the ‘Find a Group’ page (you may need to resubmit your postal code in Find a Group) you should see options to ‘register as a volunteer’ or ‘register as a participant’.
- Click on ‘register as a participant’.
- A pop up box will appear, confirm the registration year and click ‘continue’.
- Select ‘Myself’
- The next few screens are where you enter all of your details into the system. This information should be completely accurate and up to date, as these are the details which will be sent to the group you are registering with. Remember that fields marked with a red asterisk are compulsory, fields not marked are not compulsory. Click on ‘save changes’ to advance screens.
- After entering personal information be faced with the ‘add role’ screen, here you can double check you are happy with the registration you are making, you can then hit ‘add role’.
- After agreeing to terms and conditions, the registration confirmation screen (as below example) will confirm the registration details and price of the membership fee. Hit ‘continue’ if you are happy with all these details.
- This screen should display a $0.00 quote as Rovers are not subject to a participation fee.
- After selecting ‘continue’ you will be brought to an ‘Add Reference’ screen. Please submit the contact information of 5 reference before submitting your registration.
If you are forced to abandon this process through whatever reason, power cut, internet outage etc, you will be able to resume your registration. When you log back into myscouts.ca, you will see a tab entitled ‘incomplete registrations’.
Simply click ‘resume’ to resume where you left off, or ‘delete’ to get rid of this registration and associated information’.
If you are registering using a paper form, please be sure to submit the volunteer registration form. This form includes a field where you can enter your 5 references. Once submitted to a registrar, they will enter your role as a participant.
You can download the registration forms here.
A downloadable version of this document is available below.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: