How to renew your PRC with myBackcheck


How to renew your PRC with MyBackcheck


Volunteers must renew their Police Records Check (PRC) every 3 years to remain compliant with Scouts Canada Screening Policy (available at the end of this article).

Existing Volunteers: Can have their PRC's renewed online using the myBackcheck partner site:


**Note: This site can only be used for PRC RENEWALS. For new PRC's, you will need to visit your local police department**


Using the myBackcheck partner site, you can expect to pay a small fee which may vary from province to province. 

Alternatively, you can visit your local police department to recieve a PRC / VSS. These are traditionally offered by your local area without cost and act the same as a renewal.


** Note: You may need to share the results of your renewed PRC with Scouts Canada if your records are not updated **

How to share your renewed PRC with Scouts Canada: When viewing your completed check(s) in the ‘myAccount’ tab, the ‘View&Share’ button is on the right-hand side. This button will direct you to the detailed results, also providing the share option. Search the list of available organizations by typing the organization's name in the white bar. The list of relative options will appear as a drop-down menu. Select the appropriate organization and location. When ready, click on the "Share" button and your results will be transferred to the organization you requested.



Help Centre

Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre:

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 2 found this helpful