Plans and schedules often change and evolve for busy parents and guardians of Canadian youth.
If you are looking to withdraw your youth from the program, this article details Scouts Canada's Registration Refund Procedure.
You are eligible for a 100% refund if it is requested within 30 days of the registration date.
No refund will be issued if it is requested more than 30 days from the registration date.
However, transfers are available at any time during the same Scouting year if youth are seeking to switch Groups.
Transfers are available for any reason. Our priority is to ensure youth are having the best Scouting experience possible!
Many Groups are in high demand and fill up quickly during registration season. Full sections result in thousands of youth across the country being turned away from their 1st choice Group. The 30 day refund policy prevents a problem that has been occurring where registrations have been made to 'hold' a place in a Group over the summer that may not be pursued in the fall.
With this behavior being circumvented, more youth will have the opportunity to participate in Great Safe Scouting Adventures with their first choice Group.
- The parent/guardian of the participant will need to log in to the MyScouts account that they used to perform the registration.
- Once logged in, please select the "Request a Refund" option from the left-hand menu.
- Next, fill out the form on the following screen with the child's registration information. Please be sure to complete all fields denoted with a red asterisk
- The request will be sent to the Council Registrar to be processed. Refund requests are normally processed within 15 business days.
- No person other than the parent/guardian can initiate a refund.
- Refunds are issued in the manner in which the original payment was made.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: