|I am a Scouter; how will the new Join process affect my role?|
Parents and Scouters have told us that our registration process does not meet their needs; users were finding things cumbersome, and by the end of the registration process, the next steps for getting started in Scouting were not clear. The Join process has changed to be more efficient and user-friendly.
Join will now be a simple 3-step process that should take about ten minutes to complete.
1. Collect Information: contact, medical and emergency information
2. Select a Group: choose a local Group
3. Submit Payment: confirm registration
We have endeavoured to adopt the best registration practices used by other youth organizations. The new Join process is family-focused and concise. At the end of the process, parents are left with a clear understanding of the next steps they need to take to get started with Scouting.
As the new Join process will be easier to follow, you should expect to receive fewer questions from parents regarding registration and financial assistance (No One Left Behind). You will have more time to focus on supporting your Section Scouters and ensuring your Group's overall health.
When you increase the number of spots available on the Meeting Information page, parents on the wait list will automatically be sent a message. New spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The new Join process will allow you to invite parents to join your Group. You will have a unique link that your Group can share.
As a Scouter, you do not need to be involved in the Join process. Your personal registration will be done through MyScouts, as before.
When your Section has capacity for new members, you will be able to share a unique link with parents interested in registering their children. This will allow them to bypass the Find a Group process.
You can get to Join from your MyScouts account & select 'Register my child'.
Waitlists are automatically controlled based on the spaces available in a particular Section. Families will be notified according to the order in which they register for a waitlist.
- Applying for NOLB is easier than before and the approval process is quick. Once at JoinScouts, just click Apply for NOLB. Subsidies will be applied to all registrations immediately following approval.
- Once you fill out your children’s information, you will be asked if you require subsidy to support the registration cost. You then fill out the required information; if your family qualifies, the amount covered will be subtracted from your total balance.
Yes, children of parents who register and complete the screening requirements will get their children put to the top of the wait list. This will help more youth join Scouting, as eight new youth can join for every one new Scouter (given Scouts Canada's youth-to-Scouter ratio of 8:1).
Still, need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: