How to renew your PRC with myBackcheck

  1. How to renew your PRC




This article will provide you with details about your Police Record Check and how to renew it online.


How to renew your PRC 


Volunteers must renew their Police Records Check (PRC) every 3 years to remain compliant with Scouts Canada Screening Policy (available at the end of this article).

Existing Volunteers: Can have their PRC's renewed online using the myBackcheck partner site:


**Note: This site can only be used for PRC RENEWALS. For new PRC's, you will need to visit your local police department**


Using the myBackcheck partner site, you can expect to pay a small fee which may vary from province to province. 

Alternatively, you can visit your local police department to recieve a PRC / VSS. These are traditionally offered by your local area without cost and act the same as a renewal.


** Note: You may need to share the results of your renewed PRC with Scouts Canada if your records are not updated **

How to share your renewed PRC with Scouts Canada: When viewing your completed check(s) in the ‘myAccount’ tab, the ‘view&Share’ button is on the right-hand side. This button will direct you to the detailed results, also providing the share option. Search the list of available organizations by typing the organization's name in the white bar. The list of relative options will appear as a drop-down menu. Select the appropriate organization and location. When ready, click on the "Share" button and your results will be transferred to the organization you requested.


If you require further assistance with your PRC, please connect with your local Council or the Scouts Canada Help Centre.


Help Centre

Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre:

Have more questions? Submit a request


  • Avatar
    The Chochinovs

    I need the Document for the Police to Fill in for the PRC Check.

  • Avatar
    Jason Castillo

    Hello The Chochinovs,

    The PRC application form can be acquired at the police station where you make the request for your PRC check. If you are a returning volunteer, or you are in a province/territory where PRCs can be acquired for free because you are volunteering with a non-profit organization, you can contact your Council office for assistance.

    Yours in Scouting,

Powered by Zendesk