This article will assist you with the process for completing a registration for returning participants.
This process should only be used if:
1) The youth does not have a registration for the current year and is wanting to return to Scouting for the upcoming season.
2) If a youth is registered for the current year with one Group and is wanting to register with a new Group for the upcoming season.
If you are renewing your youth into the same Group, please refer to the article here.
If you are registering with Scouts Canada for the first time, please refer to the article here.
- You will first need log into your profile in MyScouts; please see our guide about logging in.
- Once logged in, you should be able to see your children under the ‘my family’ tab in your profile, as in the example below.
- Please note: if you do not see your child/charge under ‘my family’ then you will need to contact the Help Centre.
You will then follow the steps to renew the registration online and pay with Credit Card, PayPal or Debit.
- Most of the details in the registration pages will already be filled in as these details are already on the system, however it is worth double checking that everything is correct and up to date.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, the registration confirmation screen (as below example) will confirm the registration details and price of the membership fee. Hit ‘continue’ if you are happy with all these details.
- The next screen will ask for your credit card, debit or PayPal information. The screen shot below gives the example of what will appear if a credit card is chosen.
- After your payment has been processed, you should see a receipt pop up and a green message stating ‘payment approved’ as in the test example below. You can print this receipt if required and then hit ‘continue’ to finish the registration. If the payment is unsuccessful you will see a ‘payment declined’ message in red, you will be able to go back and retry if this happens.
If you are using a Group Billing Code as your method of payment the option will appear as shown in the screenshot below. Please note the Group must be offering a Group Billing Code in order for the option to appear.
If you are unable to complete the registration and need to resume the process log back into MyScouts.ca, you will see a tab entitled ‘Incomplete Registrations’. Select ‘Resume’ to continue where you left off, or ‘Delete’ to get remove the registration.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre