This article will assist you with logging into your Myscouts account and completing a registration for returning participants. This process should only be used if the youth does not have a current registration. If you are renewing a registration, please see the article here If you are registering with Scouts Canada for the first time, please refer to the article here.
If you are registering a returning participant between May 2nd and May 15 please see the advanced registration article here.
- Not all groups accept online registrations, some groups only accept in-person registration via cash or cheque.
- If your group does in-person registrations only (ie they have no option to register online), then your Group's Registrar or Commissioner will be responsible for renewing your child’s membership for the new scouting year once a completed registration form and payment is received.
- If your group is doing online registration then you will first need log into your profile in myscouts; please see our guide about logging in.
- Once logged in, you should be able to see your children under the ‘my family’ tab in your profile, as in the example below.
- Please note: if you do not see your child/charge under ‘my family’ then you will need to contact the Help Centre to get this resolved.
- Having established that your children are correctly linked to your account, you can then go to 'Register Member' under 'Member Options'.
- This will lead you to the Find a Group page to locate the applicable group and section.
- Once you have found the group and section you want to register for you can then click 'register as a participant'.
- The next screen is the year select screen.
- In the proceeding screen, you can select the name of the child that you wish to register, as per the below example.
- You will then follow the steps to renew the registration online and finally pay by credit card.
- Most of the details in the registration pages will already be filled in as these details are already on the system, however it is worth double checking that everything is correct and up to date.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, the registration confirmation screen (as below example) will confirm the registration details and price of the membership fee. Hit ‘continue’ if you are happy with all these details.
- The next screen will ask for your credit card details.
- After your credit card has been processed, you should see a receipt pop up and a green message stating ‘payment approved’ as in the test example below. You can print this receipt if required and then hit ‘continue’ to finish the registration. If the payment is unsuccessful you will see a ‘payment declined’ message in red, you will be able to go back and retry if this happens.
- If you are forced to abandon this process through whatever reason, power cut, internet outage etc, you will be able to resume your child’s registration.
- When you log back into myscouts.ca, you will see a tab entitled ‘incomplete registrations’. Simply click ‘resume’ to continue where you left off, or ‘delete’ to get rid of this registration and associated information.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre:
Scouts Canada Help Centre