As membership dynamics change, member profiles will need to be updated. This article will instruct you on how to remove a role from member profiles.
The Registrar can remove a member role record when required, at any time throughout the year.
The Registrar can affect records only within their administrative hierarchy (ie the sections of their particular group).
If a profile only has 1 role, and that role is removed the member will be made inactive, access to this profile will be restricted. Additionally, if a participant role is removed it will not remove the invoice from your batch. This can only be done by and administrator.
- Access the member profile window for the member whose member role record is to be removed (see Find an Individual).
- Under the My Roles tab, in the line listing the role to be removed, click on the icon to the left of the Organization name - the Confirm Remove Role popup window displays.
- Review the content of the Confirm Remove Role popup window to ensure that the correct record is being addressed.
- To close the Confirm Remove Role popup window without affecting the original data, click on the icon.
To confirm removal of the record, click on the REMOVE ROLE button; the Confirm Remove Role popup window is removed from display and the member profile remains in display - the message Role updated is added to the window and the removed role is no longer listed under the My Roles tab.
- When the record has been inactivated, you will see a message stating that you do not have access to this page.
- Determine the most senior role from the remianing member roles associated with the individual (see Add an Existing Volunteer to an Organization for guidelines on determining the most senior role);
- Access the individual profile of the member of which you are going to define a Primary Org;
- In the individual profile, select the My Roles tab;
- From the list of individual roles, under the Primary Org column, click on the checkbox next to the role which should be marked as the Primary Org.
- The individual profile will refresh, and indicate that the member record has been updated successfully.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: