A Registrar can add an active volunteer to an organization whenever a volunteer takes on a new or additional role.
The Registrar can affect records only within their administrative hierarchy.
A complete list of each member's organizations/roles can be viewed in their member profile under the My Roles tab; members and roles can also be viewed in the organization profile under the Volunteers tab.
Member role records are permanently recorded in myscouts.ca.
- Access the organization profile for the organization where the member is to be added as a volunteer (see Find an Organization).
- From the menu, under Org Options, select Add Existing Volunteer - the Find & Add an Existing Volunteer popup window displays:
- In the First Name field, enter the first name of the individual; if the full name is not availabe, use % to replace the unknown content - for example, Mat%hew would list records including the names Matthew and Mathew (note that % is not required at the end of a string).
- In the Last Name field, enter the last name of the individual; if the full name is not known, use % to replace the unknown content - for example, M%Donald would list records including the names McDonald and MacDonald (note that % is not required at the end of a string).
- To abandon the search and close the Find & Add an Existing Volunteer popup window, click on the icon.
To find the volunteer, click on the FIND AN INDIVIDUAL button; a search occurs and all matching records are added to the display.
- In any line listed for the required volunteer, click on the ADD ROLE button - the Add Role popup window displays.
- Edit fields as required
- From the ROLE field drop down list, select a new role
- If required, edit the START DATE
- If required, edit the MEMBER TILL DATE
- Ensure the STATUS field is set to the required status (reminder, a volunteer may require additional online learning, an interview and/or references for the new role).
To save the record, click on the ADD ROLE button; the Add Role popup window is removed, and the organization profile remains in display - the new member role record is added to the organization (see the Volunteers tab).
After the member role has been added, the user profile will display a list of roles (and their statuses) associated with the member displayed:
To complete the "add role" configuration, we must now determine the appropriate Primary Org for the member which has just received an additional role. In the example above, the member has three roles, one at the section-level (Cub Leader), and two at the Group Level. In general, the Primary Org should be the most senior position, which in this case happens to be Group Commissioner. To determine the appropriate Primary Org in each case, please consult the following guidelines:
- Organizational structure is as follows (beginning with most senior to least senior): National, Council, Area, Group, Section. The most senior role should be Primary. If multiple roles exist at the most senior level, then Commissioner roles (ie. Council Commissioner, Area Commissioner, Group Commissioner) take precedence over other roles within that Area.
- Member type seniority is as follows (beginning with most senior to least senior): Employee, Volunteer, Participant.
- Access the individual profile for the member which will receive an updated Primary Org (see Find an Individual);
- From the individual profile, select the My Roles tab;
- From the list of individual roles, under the Primary Org column, click on the checkbox of the role which should be marked as the Primary Org.
- The individual profile will refresh, and indicate that the member record has been updated successfully.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: