Members of Scouts Canada responsible for membership management may run the Screening & Training Compliance Report in order to determine outstanding screening and training requirements for members within their organizational hierarchy.
This report may be run at any time throughout the year by Commissioners to provide a snapshot of their membership status.
- Log-in to myscouts.ca
- On the left hand menu, click Reports from the left hand menu to access the Reports page.
- In the Reports page, click View Report under the Volunteer Readiness report option. The report set-up page will appear in a new tab.
- Select an organization to define the scope of the report.
- If you wish to include sub-organizations within the report (for instance, sections under the group), then choose All under Child Organizations.
- For the remainder of the fields, use the default value or select your own values.
- Click on the Run Report button to execute. Note that this process may take a few minutes, you should not press the button again, close your browser, or use the Refresh function.
By enabling a user to select values in certain fields, the reports in myscouts.ca give members the ability to customize each report according to specific needs.
Select your organization of choice from the drop down menu. If the list is long you can quickly jump to an organization by clicking the drop down and typing the first few letters of the section name without pause.
Select All if you want a list of members from the organization selected above and all organizations that are children of that organization. For example, if you selected the 1st Rubber Boot Group above, and you select All for child organizations, the report will list all members in the group and in all sections of the 1st Rubber Boot. Select the Group if you just want to print out a list of members of the Group Committee.
The report default will only return Pending members, but you can also select Active, Pending, Not Renewed as well as Decline Service, or Inactive.
The default is to produce a member list with all member types. Alternatively, you can print a list of either: participants, parents, or employees.
The default is to produce a report with all member roles. Alternatively, you can print a list which has only one Scouting role. Only one role can be selected if you choose to limit this criteria.
The default is Primary which will print a list of all members only in their primary roles and organizations. If you select All the report will print a list of members in all of their organizations and roles. For example, if a volunteer's primary role is Group Registrar but they are also registered as a Beaver Leader, then the primary list will only show their primary role of Group Registrar. If you select All, then the member will appear twice in the list - once in the group as a registrar, and once in the section as a leader.
Note: if you are generating a list by role you will most likely want to have All in the Primary Organization option.
The default is to print to screen but you can also print the report directly to an excel file, pdf, or word document. If the report was run to screen you can also select the Print Report option to send it directly to your printer. Excel is strongly recommended as an output format as the page width is too wide to fit on one page.
There are ten mandatory screening and training requirements labelled 1 to 10 in the field headings. If you are unfamiliar with the acronyms, feel free to view the System Terms & Glossary.
- PRC: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member's PRC status is "passed" and the PRC date is less than three years old. A value of "No" will appear if the PRC status is any other value (ie. Expired, Not Complete, Failed, or Pending). If the member is less than 18 years of age, the report will have a "yes" value in this field.
- VSS: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member's VSS status is "passed". A value of "No" will appear if the VSS status is any other value (ie. Expired, Not Complete, Failed, or Pending). If the member is less than 18 years of age, the report will have a "Yes" value in this field.
- Interview Passed: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member has a Volunteer Screening Checklist with the status of "Passed."
- Reference Check Status: a value of "yes" will appear if the member has three "passed" references.
- Code of Conduct: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member has signed the current code of conduct.
- Council Approval: a value of "Yes" will appear /if the member has a Council Approval with the status of "Valid."
- CYS (RiS) Training: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member has completed this course and has "completed" checked in myscouts.ca. Respect in Sport training is the compulsory CYS component.
- Accessibility Training: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member has completed this course and has "completed" checked in myscouts.ca.
- WB1 Module 1 All Sections: a value of "Yes" will appear if the member has completed this course and has "completed" checked in myscouts.ca. The course is now listed in myscouts as 'Scouting Fundamentals'.
- MS1 in Compliance: This field is a summary field to indicate if the member has Wood Badge 1 for The Canadian Path credited, or alternatively the appropriate older section specific Woodbadge 1 Milestone course. The logic used to determine if the member has the appropriate course has three logic components that are in fields 10A, 10B, and 10C. If the member has a "Yes" value in either 10A, 10B, or 10C, then field 10 will have a "Yes" value.
10A) Does the member have Wood Badge 1 for The Canadian Path completed? For older section specific training the MS1 course needs to be in their section (e.g. if the role is Beaver Leader, do they have WB1 Colony)?
10B) Is the member new to Scouting? If the member currently in their first year of service, then a value of "Yes" will be in this field.
10C) Is the member new to organization type? Organization types are Beaver Colony, Cub Pack, Scout Troop, Venturer Company, Rover Crew, Committee (ie. Group), or Service Team (ie. an Area or Council). If the member's past Scouting history does not include a role with the current role organization type, then a value of "Yes" will be in this field.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre: