The Registrar can add a non-member role when a parent takes on a Parent Helper or Parent Overnight role, the Registrar can also remove a non-member role when a parent is no longer assisting in a specific group. The Registrar can only edit/add records within their Group's sections.
The Registrar can update member roles as required, at any time throughout the year.
A Registrar can add a parent role record for any parent of an Active youth participant in their group. The parent must have their own individual record properly linked to the child in order for the Registrar to have the ability to create the parent role record.
It is not necessary to add parent helper role records to any individual already registered as a member/volunteer within Scouts Canada. The parent member role type is reserved for parents acting exclusively as a non-member helper (see Volunteer Screening Checklist below).
All role records are permanently recorded in myscouts.ca.
- Access the section dashboard view of the child(ren) of the parents you wish to add the non-member role record to.
- From the menu, under Admin Options select Add Parent Helper - the Find & Add a Parent popup window displays:
- PLEASE NOTE: If a parent of an active participant does not appear in the list, this indicates that the parent record is not linked to the record of the participant. If this scenario exists, please contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find the parent you wish to add the non-member (parent helper) role record too, and click ADD PARENT - the Add Parent Helper popup window displays:
- In the Role field, choose between Parent Overnight or Parent Helper depending on the nature of the service the parent will provide to the organization. Consult the current Scouts Canada Screening Policies to determine the appropriate role type for the Parent, keeping in mind that the two roles have slightly different screening and training requirements.
- To abandon the addition of the non-member (parent helper) role record to the parent, and to close the Add Parent Helper dialogue, click on the icon.
To save the record, click the ADD ROLE button; the Add Parent Helper dialogue is removed and the parent profile remains in display - the new non-member (parent helper) role record is added for the parent.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre:
Scouts Canada Help Centre