The Group Registrar can add a role to a parent when a parent takes on a Parent Helper or Parent Overnight role. The Registrar can also remove this when a parent is no longer assisting in a specific section.
The Registrar can update, edit or remove member roles as required, at any time throughout the year.
Please note that this functionality to add and edit parent roles is limited to Group Registrars and Group Commissioners.
A Registrar can add a parent role record for any parent of an Active youth participant in their group. The parent must have their own individual record properly linked to the child in order for the Registrar to have the ability to create the parent role record.
To complete in myscouts:
- Access the applicable section dashboard in myscouts
- Select Add Parent Helper - the Find & Add a Parent popup window displays:
- Find the parent you wish to add the non-member (parent helper) role record too, and click ADD PARENT - the Add Parent Helper popup window displays:
- In the Role field, choose between Parent Overnight or Parent Helper.
- To save the record, click the ADD ROLE button.
PLEASE NOTE: If a parent of an active participant does not appear in the list, this indicates that the parent record is not linked to the record of the participant. If this scenario exists, please contact the Help Centre.
As soon as this role is added, the parent who you have just assigned a role to, can log into myscouts to sign the Code of Conduct electronically.