This article will provide you with some basic information about preparing your Group for peak registration periods.
Scouts Canada is an all-year activity-based organization which includes section weekly meetings, camps/outings and individual activities in the summer (whether run by Council, Area or Group). As such, Group Commissioners and Registrars need to have their organization's (Group and Section) information updated regularly.
Registration planning assists the Group Commissioner and Section Scouters in program year planning by:
- Knowing your potential numbers for your next program year
- Knowing how many leaders will be needed to meet that number plus fall registration numbers
- Notifying new members of the uniform ordering options and the uniform details
For more information on the retention and recruitment of youth please see Jumpstart to Growth: Retaining and recruiting Youth.
To prepare your Group for registration the Scouts Canada Online Support Centre has several helpful topics to assist you.
Confirm Group Fees and date parameters for the full date range of the year (make sure that dates cover from May 1st to August 31st, as well as adding any applicable early bird and half year fees) then add fees to the Group’s Org Profile in MyScouts.
- If considering adding the online registration option for the first time, complete the Banking Information request.
- Confirm each sections’ meeting location, day and time.
- Confirm each sections’ current contact details.
- Confirm each Sections’ maximum participant and volunteer numbers for the upcoming year and the following program year.
- Confirm each Section is listed in the Find a Group feature on Scouts.ca website.
- If a section is not showing, first make sure that the postal address is included, as well as meeting time and location. If the section still does not appear, please contact email@example.com.
- See here for more information on the find a group process.
- If planning a Group registration event, have pre-printed registration forms available.
- Found online here
- Close current batch; start the new program year with a fresh batch
- Outline self-registration process if your Group is set up for online registration.
- Transfer a participant between Groups
Still need help? Please feel free to contact the Scouts Canada Help Centre:
Scouts Canada Help Centre